EYE on Beauty - wear your beauty Naturally! - Home

Monday, June 2, 2014

How 2 use COCONUT OIL/Recipe

I have written HOW 2's on ways to use natural oils for skin care.  You many have read about the many uses of ARGAN oil - the Miracle oil of the century, as it has many anti-aging benefits for Skincare.  I have recently discovered the many beauty benefits with COCONUT oil.  Organic EXTRA VIRGIN COCONUT OIL.... indeed!

1. USE COCONUT OIL for cooking.  DID YOU KNOW that COCONUT OIL  is one of the world's most nutritional foods?  It is in fact, "better than butter," replacement on bread, as it has 100% less cholesterol than butter. AS it is made without pesticides, GMO's or Hexane.  COCONUT oil has one more customer, I now use ORGANIC COCONUT oil for my vegetables and snacking on popcorn.  I will not give up my EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL (OLV)  I just supplement it with with COCONUT OIL.  Actually, you can cook COCONUT oil on high-heat up to 350 degrees, as with olive oil, this is impossible. OLIVE oil properties looses it's potency on high-heat.

2.  COCONUT OIL as you know has many beauty benefits, It is a heavier oil than ARGAN, and a little bit goes a long way.  I love using COCONUT oil around my eyes for eye makeup removal. Any bit of oil that remains regenerates the skin around my eyes. Loosing wrinkles and setting back father time sounds good to me! 

3.  COCONUT oil HAIR MASK.  I enjoy using COCONUT OIL for a hair mask.  My hair is fine, and has lost it's luster due to dying and highlighting.  COCONUT Oil has brought back my luscious sprouts!.  Here is my secret COCONUT OIL Hair Mask Recipe. 

1/2 tablespoon of COCONUT OIL in a bowl warm to room temp or micro for 30 sec.
- slather on oil from mid-way of hair shaft, down to ends, until hair is mildly greasy
- stay on head for 1 hour
- rinse out with gentle shampoo of your choice. I use sulfate free!

* style as usual
* hair will be soft and supple again

*If your hair is coarse, my recommendation would be to sleep with a cap overnight. Wash in the morning.
*Do the COCONUT OIL MASK 1 x  or. 2x.   a month