EYE on Beauty - wear your beauty Naturally! - Home

Sunday, September 2, 2012

How 2 Green shop!

Since, I have made believing, thinking and choosing  a green way of life,  my days have become less stressful.  Of course, alleviating  stress is number 1 to staying healthy.  How does going green minimize stress?   Well it's easy.  There are less choices when you choose green and less confusion....like I said, it's easy!  Choosing green in my life has brought my mind back to an "at ease" state.   Here is one good example.  Before I go grocery shopping I make a list.  Carrying a list reduces my stress level, because I know I will stick closely to the list of items of necessity and not of pleasure.  I stick to the  basic food groups.  Fruit, vegetables, grains, dairy, meats and water.   When I stroll down the dairy I get "organic"   Milk.  I don't look at "all" the  milk I just look at the organic choices" only."  I do the same thing in all other departments, this would be another stress reducer.  I purchase food that I need ( main meals)  then if I want a treat such as ice cream for the kids, I make a good choice on something interesting to delight them.  Keeping to the Green aisles first, keeps my priorities straight.   Practice makes perfect....If you throw in a bag of chips in your cart...I won't tell.  Just make sure they are organic!

Fig Butter Slim Shake  

Don't let the "butter" fool you!

Satisfaction on your lips no-show on your hips!
Mom, Dad, the whole family can slim down on this simple and tasty low-fat shake!


Ingredients:

1 cup Organic Rice Milk
1/2 Organic low-fat or fat-free vanilla yogurt
Fig-butter spread
Hand full of Mixed Berries
1/2 cup of ice cubes

In a blender combine 1 cup of Rice Milk, 1 cup of Vanilla Yogurt and 1 table spoon of fig-butter spread and 1/2 cup of ice cubes.
blend well. 1/4 cup of Mixed Berries or fruit of your choice. Fill up your 8.oz glass.  This refreshing low-cal drink is filling and tasty. Excellent breakfast drink. I don't usually count calories. About 350 cals. Fewer calories - minus the yogurt calories go down to 250